Try these dishes this summer, or use them as Father’s Day recipes to try with your dad.
Food brings us together in a special way that everyone can relate to, whether cooking it up in the kitchen or grilling out on the deck. This summer, try a few new recipes with your loved ones. These Father’s Day recipes are the perfect place to start. Grab your dad, fire up the grill or heat up the stove and make some memories this summer.
Father’s Day Recipes to Try This Summer
Father’s Day BBQ recipes are some of the most popular Father’s Day recipes as everyone gravitates to the outdoors in the summer. Try this grilling recipe for Father’s Day from AgAmerica Executive Assistant, Adara Richter, which she makes with her stepdad. They maintain that everything is adjustable to taste, and that you might want to go sparingly on the Sriracha!
Teriyaki Ginger Turkey Burger with Grilled Pineapple and Spicy Honey Mustard
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup teriyaki sauce
- Fresh pineapple rings
- ½ cup mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pack of hamburger buns
Directions for burger patties:
- In a small mixing bowl, mix teriyaki sauce, garlic powder, and ginger powder.
- Prepare ground turkey in large bowl.
- Pour in teryaki mixture; mix thoroughly with meat.
- Patty meat and set to the side.
Directions for spicy honey mustard:
In a small mixing bowl, mix the Sriracha, honey, mustard, and soy sauce until desired consistency.
When you are ready to grill:
Place burgers on lower rack and pineapple rings on upper rack. Keep a close eye and assemble when ready! If you decide to add cheese, use something mild like provolone or spicy like pepper jack depending on your taste!
Yield: Approximately 4 burgers.
Insanely Good Baked King Mackerel
This easy recipe from AgAmerica Correspondent Lender, Ethan Cooper, and his dad is so good they take bets on being thanked whenever they share the recipe. He says, “I know there’s a lot better eating fish out there than a king mackerel…but I’ve tried the same recipe with grouper, snapper, and pompano, and the king mackerel is actually better!”
- King mackerel steaks, fillets or loins
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Mix equal parts mayonnaise and parmesan cheese
- Spread a quarter inch of the mixture over the mackerel
- Add a little Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until golden brown
Dad’s Lemony Grilled Chicken Recipe
A group of Father’s Day recipes just wouldn’t be complete without one featuring chicken. Try this tangy chicken recipe from TasteofHome.com with your dad on the grill this Father’s Day, or any time this summer.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 8 chicken drumsticks (2 pounds)
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended.
- Stir in onions.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag.
- Place chicken on grill rack, skin side up. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 15 minutes. Turn; grill 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Yield: 8 servings.
Our AgAmerica team members will be spending this Father’s Day with our dads and our kids, and we hope you’re doing the same. However, we’ll be ready to talk land lending on Monday, so contact us if you want to find out how our custom loan packages can improve your ag operation.