As any ag business is well-aware, a sound financial plan implementing a team approach is integral to running a successful ag operation.
A do-it-yourself approach just isn’t going to cut it. To secure your farm’s financial future, you need to bring together a solid team of advisors and experts that are well equipped and ready to help you assess all of the options, opportunities, and risks associated with your ag business.
Building a team will help you to solidify many facets of your operation, such as its
- financial strategies
Having a solid team will also help you to:
- monitor financial performance
- mitigate risks
- make adjustments as needed
- evaluate areas where you would do well to add assets to boost profitability.
Truth is, running an agricultural operation can be a risky and tricky business. The do-it-yourself approach might not work in the face of unforeseen setbacks. Risks – including production, yield, price, and market risks – as well as other aspects of agricultural risk, such as lack of diversification and politics, all must be identified, measured, and actively managed in order to secure the stability and success of your operation.
That’s where an ag lending team steps in, helping your ag operation deal with these risks and other setbacks, such as failing crops, unfavorable weather, decreased productivity, and fluctuating market prices. Plus, having a trusted ag lender on your team will help you secure unique opportunities that traditional lending institutions just can’t handle or support. What’s more, when it comes time to finance your much-needed assets, including items such as land, equipment, and new digital technology, your lender is your go-to farmland financing resource.
With several ag lending professionals holding strong backgrounds in farm, ranch, livestock, and farm operating lending, you’ll be happy to have Bankers South as your lender. Whether it’s time to refinance a high interest ag loan or plant your next row crop, we are here to help you along the road to success!
New to the ag industry?
Here’s how the newly passed Farm Bill can help support your ag business in its beginning stages:
- Conservation Programs: New and improved conservation programs boast numerous benefits for owners and managers of small- and mid-size farming and ranching operations.
- Organic Farming Support: The National Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) created the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) – a program that offers technical and financial services to farmers and ranchers wanting to turn their agribusiness organic.
- Extended Growing Season: Courtesy of the NRCS, EQIP provides funding for seasonal high tunnels, also called hoop houses, which use the sun’s energy to extend the growing season. More than 10,000 high tunnels have been implemented since 2010.
- Beneficial Resources: NRCS offers tools to help owners and managers of small- and mid-size farms and ranches. Resources include: the Web Soil Survey, Small Scale Solutions fact sheets, and the Drought Calculator.
- Conservation Planning Assistance: Farmers and ranchers can call on the NRCS for help in designing and implementing effective water and land management plans.
Starting a mid-to-large size farming or ranching operation? Need ag finance assistance to get your operation up and running? The Farm Bill offers perks, and so do we.
If you are considering buying agricultural land, choose a lending experience with Bankers South. Whether you’re starting a dairy farm, citrus operation, or hobby farm, our AgAmerica agricultural land loan program can help you attain your goals. Because we have been specializing in agricultural loans for years, our loan specialists have a deep understanding of the processes involved in securing ranch and farm loans. Our staff includes employees whose own farming histories stretch back generations; thus, we understand the specific needs of beginning farmers in the agricultural community.
To find the AgAmerica agricultural loan that aligns with your needs, contact Bankers South’s AgAmerica loan experts for more information!