As agricultural lenders, we understand for farmers and ranchers that time is money. By increasing efficiency with minimal overhead costs, you stand a better chance to walk away with a profit come harvest time. Keeping this in mind, we’ve compiled a list of smartphone apps that can help you do just that— increase efficiency, with minimal costs. Try these apps to improve your agribusiness:
Apps for Ag Knowledge
- Weed Spotter. This app by Bayer CropScience utilizes photos and descriptions of over 100 weeds.
- ID Weeds. By the University of Missouri’s College of Agriculture.
- Farming Simulator. Take farming for a test drive with any number of simulator apps.
Apps for Ag Markets
- agExchange. Stay up-to-date on world ag markets.
- agIndex. Stay up-to-date on ag markets and more.
- Growers Edge. Focuses on local markets.
Apps for Equipment
- JD Link. Get alerts, machine information, maintenance data and more for John Deere equipment.
Apps for Planting
- Pioneer Field360 Plantability. This app gives you planter setting recommendations and more for your corn seed.
- ImPlant-Field. For iPhone only.
Apps for Chemicals, Pesticides, Mixing and More
- Tank Mix Calculator. Get mix measurements for over 14,000 chemicals based on your operation’s acreage, tank size and more.
- TankMix by DuPont. For iPhone only.
- Pesticide and Field Records. Keeps records of your applications and field records, as offered by Iowa State University.
- Manure Valuator. Offered by the University of Arkansas, it lets you know the cost of fertilizer, how much to apply to your fields and more.
- Apply Yourself. Works with Agri-Inject pumps for applications.
Apps for Ag Headlines
- USDA News Reader. Stay abreast of news out of the USDA.
- SF Plus. Offered by Successful Farming magazine.
Saving ag operations time and money is what we at AgAmerica Lending are all about. We help agribusinesses to grow and develop. We offer low interest rates, long amortizations, and outstanding 10-year line of credit.