Get a sneak peek of all that’s in the works for the upcoming National Cattlemen’s Beef Association Trade Show.
If you’re in the cattle industry, you’ve likely got plans to travel to Nashville, Tennessee for the 2017 National Cattlemen’s Beef Association Trade Show. This year’s National Cattlemen’s Show is slated for February 1st to the 3rd, and it promises to be a terrific event. There are many activities in addition to the trade show that is labelled “the largest, most important national show for anyone in the cattle business.” Explore some of the highlights below of this year’s National Cattlemen’s Show if you plan to “Mosey on Down to Music City.”
Educational Sessions at the National Cattlemen’s Show
One of the main attractions of such shows and events is the opportunity for the nation’s cattlemen and women to get to learn about the latest developments and technologies from industry leaders. The National Cattlemen’s Show features the Cattlemen’s College, a series of educational sessions about topics that bring big returns for cattle operations. Registrants can benefit from sessions such as:
- The Basis for Soil Health Management in Pasture and Rangeland Systems
- International Beef Trade – What Now?
- The Future of Cattle Feeding in America
- Alternative Income Sources for the Farm or Ranch
- Capturing Value of Genetics & Management in Feeder Calf Marketing
Meetings at the National Cattlemen’s Show
Another important function of shows such as the National Cattlemen’s event is the chance for industries to meet, share updates, and make decisions about the future. Just a few of the different meetings that will be held during the show include:
- NCBA D.C. Issues Update. D.C. staff will provide updates on government-related issues that will affect the beef cattle industry.
- NCBA Regional Meetings
- NCBA Federation of State Beef Councils Forums and Checkoff Committee Meetings
National Cattlemen’s Show Featured Events
The opportunity to network with peers and have some fun in the process is a mainstay of events and trade shows like the National Cattlemen’s. Examples of the show’s events include:
- 2017 National Collegiate Beef Quiz Bowl Contest
- Young Beef Leaders Networking Reception
- Environmental Stewardship Award Program
Events for entertainment and fun include the BEEFit 5K and the ‘Cowboy’s Night at the Grand Ole Opry’ featuring country music star Trace Adkins and other musicians.
Stop by AgAmerica Lending’s #1835 booth to say hello. It’s our pleasure to meet the men and women of the beef industry. We can offer insight on your cattle farm loan, farm refinancing needs, or to just “talk shop” about your agribusiness. We’re here to help ranchers and farmers grow with our low interest rates, long amortizations, and an outstanding 10-year line of credit.