With a focus on North Carolina vegetables, the North Carolina Vegetable Growers’ Association’s Southeast Vegetable and Fruit Expo is the perfect pick.
If you’re in North Carolina vegetables or fruits, then it’s likely that the end of November will see you at the Southeast Vegetable and Fruit Expo, hosted by the North Carolina Vegetable Growers’ Association (NCVGA). The event includes both the Expo and a Trade Show. Slated for November 27th through the 29th in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, the event is jam-packed with informational sessions, expert speakers, and networking opportunities. Keeping up with industry trends and learning new ways we can help fruit and vegetable growers in NC is important to AgAmerica’s Correspondent Lender for North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia, Cameron Flowers;he will be in attendance and looks forward to meeting you at the AgAmerica Lending booth. Explore the offerings of the NCVGA Southeast Vegetable and Fruit Expo below.
North Carolina Vegetables and Fruits
The Expo offers an array of informational sessions—called Concurrent Sessions—and they are led by industry experts from Universities, Extension programs, and industry businesses. Concurrent sessions dealing with North Carolina vegetables and fruits include:
- ‘Pickling Cucumber Nutrition Affects Fruit Quality and Parthenocarpic Cucumber Management Considerations’ – Led by Gordon Johnson, University of Delaware.
- Sweet Potato ‘Root Knot Nematode – Concerns with Meloidogyne Enterolobii’ – Led by Hunter Collins, NCSU & Brandon Parker, NCCES.
- ‘Fungicide Spray Program for Tomato Disease Management’ – Led by Inga Meadows, NCSU.
- ‘Watermelon Production Management Considerations; Pollinizer and Grafting Rule’ – Jonathan Schultheis, NCSU.
- ‘Honeydew, Crisp Flesh, and Piel de Sapo Options – Yield and Quality Considerations’ – Led by Keith Starke, NCSU.
The Expo also includes fun networking opportunities for attendees to get to know others in their industry. Networking opportunities include:
- A Golf Tournament
- A Lunch and a Banquet
- Live Entertainment – The Embers, featuring Craig Woolard
See the full schedule here.
Make sure to stop by the Trade Show, find the AgAmerica Lending booth, and meet Cameron Flowers, an AgAmerica Correspondent Lender. He would love to get to know you and your operation and is happy to discuss your financial goals and how our custom loans can help your agribusiness grow and prosper.