Stanley the Steer had nine stops to make at significant ag landmarks before he went to the Sunbelt Ag Expo this October. Find out where he’s stopped, why it’s important to ag, and how you can join in the fun with our photo contest.
The Sunbelt Ag Expo is scheduled for this October 18-20, but first AgAmerica Lending sent Stanley the Steer on a nine-state trip throughout the Southeast to visit sites that are important to agriculture. You can track Stanley’s progress and enter a photo contest to win one of ten prizes. Check out Stanley’s stops and contest rules below.
Stanley’s Stops Before the Sunbelt Ag Expo
Stanley the Steer toured the Southeast before the Sunbelt Ag Expo, stopping for a photo at important ag landmarks. His route included:
- The Citrus Tower -Clermont, Florida. This 226-foot tower was built in 1956 on one of the highest ridges in Florida’s “rolling hills” region. Today it stands as a monument and tribute to Florida’s citrus industry. Visitors can get a 360-degree view of eight different counties, including expansive citrus groves and regional development.
- Ag in Action Trailer –Alabama. Teaching the next generation is one of the most important facets in agriculture. This 26-ft mobile learning lab travels to Alabama elementary and middle schools to let children experience farming for themselves with a converted cotton picker cab, poultry house, timber harvesting experience, videos, and photos.
- Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum –Jackson, Mississippi. Agriculture is big in Mississippi, and this museum celebrates both past and present Mississippi agricultural lifestyles, relationships, and practices in a big way. It’s been in operation since 1969, and it includes a Heritage Center, Barnyard and Livestock Exhibit, and a Victory Garden.
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College – Baton Rouge, Louisiana. With a tradition in ag that reaches back to the beginnings of the university itself, LSU and A&M offer an ag education that ranks among the most esteemed in the country.
- Plantation Agriculture Museum –Scott, Arkansas. Part of a state park, this museum offers exhibits and programs on the history of cotton production in Arkansas up to World War II. The complex features the museum, a steam-operated cotton gin, and restored seed warehouse.
- Ellington Agricultural Center –Nashville, Tennessee. Acting as home to the Tennessee Department of Agriculture, the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, and the Tennessee Ag Museum, this complex sees the day-to-day ag business of the state as well as special ag events. The extensive grounds include trails and a special garden.
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University –Greensboro, North Carolina. Another esteemed university offering a top-notch ag education, North Carolina A&T has roots as an 1890 land-grant university.
- Clemson University –Clemson, South Carolina. Clemson’s College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Life Sciences offers programs to explore plant, animal, human, molecular, and packaging sciences alongside Clemson University’s world-class academic, research, and extension activities.
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College –Tifton, Georgia. As part of Georgia’s 29 state universities, ABAC is one of the premier colleges in the state. Founded in 1908, ABAC serves as a leader in agricultural education.
Stanley the Steer will see you at the Sunbelt Ag Expo on October 18. Follow his progress on Facebook, “Like” one of his photos on the AgAmerica Lending Facebook timeline, and you’ll be entered to win one of ten prizes.
You can also be entered by taking a picture of yourself with a Stanley the Steer squeezy at the Sunbelt Ag Expo and sharing it on your Facebook page with the hashtag #StanleytheSteer. Find him at the AgAmerica Lending Booth in the Beef Pavilion. AgAmeica Lending is the nation’s premier ag lender, offering our loan products featuring low interest rates, long amortizations, and an outstanding 10-year line of credit to help the nation’s growers and producers expand and prosper.
OFFICIAL ENTER TO WIN RULES
The AgAmericia Lending Stanley the Steer Enter-to-Win Contest will be held from 10/5 to 10/27 on Facebook only. Contestants will not be entered by liking a post on a different social media platform (i.e., LinkedIn, Pinterest, or Twitter). To enter, contestants may do one of two things: 1) Like a Stanley the Steer post, or 2) Post a photo of him/herself holding the Stanley the Steer squeezy and post on his/her Facebook profile with the hashtag #StanleytheSteer. Make sure the privacy setting of the photo is set to “public” so AgAmerica can see it. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted.
Anyone who participates in the one of two ways aforementioned will be entered to win. AgAmerica Lending team members and their families are not eligible for this contest.
Ten winners will be announced on 10/28 on the AgAmerica Lending Facebook profile’s timeline. Entrants must visit the AgAmerica Lending Facebook profile to find out if they have won.
Flickr photo courtesy of Marcus Quigmire