Legislation with a long history addresses modern farm issues.
The 2018 Farm Bill plays as much of an essential role today, as the first bill’s introduction 86 years ago during the Great Depression. On December 20, 2018, President Trump signed the 2018 Farm Bill, formally known as the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018. The majority (80 percent) of this $867 billion legislation funds the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly referred to as food stamps. The other 20 percent directly impacts farming.